Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Key To The Garden : "Hidup Sesudah Mati"..Prof Hamka



Prof Hamka, I would rate him as my first 'guru'. Liked his tafseer so much, I have gone through his 10 volume 'Tafsir Al-Azhar' almost three times over. Took me fifteen years mulling  and chewing over them. A compendium of hadiths, history from the Muslim's perspective, politics and above all, first class tafsir work.
The beauty of Hamka's is that he did not profess himself to be an expert 'mufassirin', therefore you tend to get other views as well, most time for each 'significant ayat'.

A much under-rated scholar in this 'Nusantara' I would guess. Those who should read and 'know him better' choose to be seen and heard reading katsir and Qatadah  or Tabai-Tabain, those who have not reach this level of scholarship, do not read at all.
That is our 'Nusantara' , if you want me to 'summarise' ourselves in a nutshell....masses of the ignorant 'un-read'.

Here Prof Hamka 'speaks' on 'Life After Death':-










No comments:

Post a Comment