Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Surah Ghafir....ayat 11 to ayat 13



friends, dato and tansri,


these following ayat do not require commentary.
all still brimstone and fire.


They say: Our Lord! Twice hast Thou made us die, and twice hast Thou made us live. Now we confess our sins. Is there any way to go out? (11) (It is said unto them): This is (your plight) because, when Allah only was invoked, ye disbelieved, but when some partner was ascribed to Him ye were believing. But the command belongeth only to Allah, the Sublime, the Majestic. (12) He it is Who showeth you His portents, and sendeth down for you provision from the sky. None payeth heed save him who turneth (unto Him) repentant. (13) 

[ translation by pickthal ]

ayat 12 give me special relevance today.
i used to wonder, and have pity of my neighbour, who is a trinitarian. there i am , with full knowledge, but am holding back due to political correctness. it is not just pity  i felt guilty as well.

just the other day , a cardiological colleague of mine message back to me to stop sending her this ' tafseer'. she told me that she don't need islam.
she is happy with remaining an agnostic.

a year back one ex- ksu, and another, a g25 material ,wrote the same to me.
unlike my colleague, these two are prominent malay bureacrats, who officially claimed to be muslims, but privately are non practicing.
agnosticism is fairly rampant in the higher echelon of power, only common people don't know that.

listening to prof halis commentary today of ayat 12, i feel relieved.
........they know, in their full life they know islam, somehow, but they choose not to follow out of their own free will.

ya mukalibal qulub,
firm my heart in your din
ya mukalibal qulub
firm my heart in your obedience.

ya rahman, ya rahim, ya malik, ya zal jalaliwalikram, ya mutakabbir
give me goodness in this life and the hereafter.
keep me away from your hell fire!
give me husnul khatimah
keep me away from suul khatimah

dr nik isahak




[ ayat 11 and ayat 12, commentary by assoc prof halis aydemir ]
https://vimeo.com/30122563


[ ayat 13  ]
https://vimeo.com/30123289



No comments:

Post a Comment