Monday, July 17, 2017

Surah az Zumar........ayat 53 to ayat 67






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVHzfPSe7M&t=30s

[ commentary by shaykh tawfique chowdhury  ]




friends, dato and tansri,



Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgiveth all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. (53) Turn unto your Lord repentant, and surrender unto Him, before there come unto you the doom, when ye cannot be helped. (54) And follow the better (guidance) of that which is revealed unto you from your Lord, before the doom cometh on you suddenly when ye know not, (55) Lest any soul should say: Alas, my grief that I was unmindful of Allah, and I was indeed among the scoffers! (56) Or should say: If Allah had but guided me I should have been among the dutiful! (57) Or should say, when it seeth the doom: Oh, that I had but a second chance that I might be among the righteous! (58) (But now the answer will be): Nay, for My revelations came unto thee, but thou didst deny them and wast scornful and wast among the disbelievers. (59) And on the Day of Resurrection thou (Muhammad) seest those who lied concerning Allah with their faces blackened. Is not the home of the scorners in hell? (60) And Allah delivereth those who ward off (evil) because of their deserts. Evil toucheth them not, nor do they grieve. (61) Allah is Creator of all things, and He is Guardian over all things. (62) His are the keys of the heavens and the earth, and they who disbelieve the revelations of Allah - such are they who are the losers. (63) Say (O Muhammad, to the disbelievers): Do ye bid me serve other than Allah? O ye fools! (64) And verily it hath been revealed unto thee as unto those before thee (saying): If thou ascribe a partner to Allah thy work will fail and thou indeed wilt be among the losers. (65) Nay, but Allah must thou serve, and be among the thankful! (66) And they esteem not Allah as He hath the right to be esteemed, when the whole earth is His handful on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens are rolled in His right hand. Glorified is He and High Exalted from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him). (67) 

[  translation by pickthal  ]

things that awakened me with cold sweat in the middle of the night is not that i have not done enough to 'awaken sleeping souls' amongst the believers ie, my friends, my children,m y friends' children, my patients, my wife ,a couple or two tansris and two dozen or so dato and dato sris, and a sultan or two etc etc .
that, i think i have done my fair share to the point, some friends have relegated me to the 'scam' section .

but what about mr and mrs lim, my immediate neighbour who are trinitarians.
june  and sham, my nurses;
ali khan, the anesthetic assistant who 15 years ago joined the seventh day adventist after falling in love with shirley tan, the clinic p.a;
ranga , the hospital attendant , whom i crosses path more than 10 times a day along the hospital corridors;
dr so and so and so, all my good friends, colleagues  and fellow 'sufferers in this life' with whom i share my hospital 'life'[ if there is any ], 15 hours a day , seven days a week.....

due to political correctness; politeness and blah blah blah, i cannot reach them.
'it is not right'; it is not ethical etc etc and etc.

....and yet i know i have all the goodies of islam to share with them.

masyaallah!

that is life, but in yaumiddin, how do i answer them?

how do we all answer their pleas to allah that, " my friends so and so knew islam, but never even bother to soft sell it to us!......we are plain ignorant , my lord!.....if they they inform us of islam we would have done a taubatan nasuha....you my lord are ya rahman , ya rahim! "

dr nik isahak



No comments:

Post a Comment