Monday, April 22, 2013

Key To The Garden : 'On Matters of the Heart'




"Qur'anic laws and teachings have largely been ignored and put away on the shelf nowadays" 

Shaykh Muhammad al-Ghazali [ 1917 - 1998 ]




Exactly succinctly true. Islam is an embarassing subject, not to be discussed in polite circles and in public. At the personal level though,  our zeal for iman and ihsan waxes and wane on a daily basis. 

Whenever I feel down, whenever I notice my 'zikr' gets shorter and shorter; and my daily nawafil prayers come next to zero on a daily basis; and whenever my regular 'surau kaki'  started saying they are missing me for fajr and isyak prayers...I usually try to  listen to the soft comforting words of Shaykh Muhammad Mukthar ash-Shinqitee. For indeed our zeal and faith, at whatever level  of 'maqam' we are in, waxes and wane with time.

His short, staccato exhortations, full of wisdom , never failed to amaze and uplift my spirit and put me 'back on track'. 
Do listen to him.
His subject today is 'How To Soften Your Heart'

[       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWuPdcaZJuA&spfreload=5   ]



In summary, it is back to ,

ilm [ asma al husna ]
Tadaddaur al Qur'an
Remembrance of death...

On the negative sidetowards hardening of the heart are:

keeping wrong company
too much DUNIYA

allahualam







No comments:

Post a Comment